February 4, 2010

Close Encounters

Conversation participants:
Daddy (Age: 32)
Ashlyn (Age: 2)
Location: In the bedroom

Ashlyn: Daddy, I like aliens.
Daddy: Oh really? Where are aliens from, Ashlyn? Outer space?
Ashlyn: No, they're from the bushes.
Daddy: The brushes?
Ashlyn: No! Aliens live in the bushes!
Daddy: Like the bushes in front of our house?
Ashlyn: Yes.
Daddy: *Do* aliens live in the bushes in front of our house?
Ashlyn: A little bit of aliens live in the bushes in front of our house.
Daddy: What do they do?
Ashlyn: They eat dinner in the bushes. They brush their teeth in the bushes and they put blankets on the bushes.
Daddy: So they don't get cold?
Ashlyn: I don't know.
Daddy: Do they leave the bushes?
Ashlyn: They leave the bushes to go to the circus to see the tigers.
Daddy: I see. What color are they?
Ashlyn: Green. Mommy aliens are blue.
Daddy: Are there any kid aliens?
Ashlyn: Yes. The little sister aliens wear bows and berets.
Daddy: What about the little brother aliens?
Ashlyn: They wear shirts. With basketballs on them.


2 comments: